Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-09 Origin: Site
Advantages and disadvantages of tablets
Advantages of tablets
(1) Generally, the dissolution rate and bioavailability of tablets are better than those of pills;
(2) The dosage is accurate, and the difference of drug content in the tablet is small;
(3) the quality is stable, the tablet is dry and solid, and some of the drugs that are easy to oxidize and deliquescent can be protected by coating, so light, air, water and so on have little influence on it;
(4) It is convenient to carry, transport and take;
(5) mechanized production, large output, low cost, hygiene standards are easy to achieve.
Disadvantages of tablets
(1) The dissolution rate of drugs in tablets is slower than that in bulk and capsule, and its bioavailability is slightly worse;
(2) children and comatose patients are not easy to swallow;
(3) The content of tablets containing volatile components decreased when stored for a long time.